Norwex believes that every home should be a safe haven. That’s why we constantly strive to bring you the most effective household cleaning and personal care products while radically reducing the use of chemicals in your home.
- Not only do our Norwex Microfiber products reduce chemicals used in cleaning, but our other household cleaning products do, too. These products contain ingredients derived from natural botanicals instead of harsh chemicals, and many attain their incredible cleaning power from enzyme-based formulas.
- In addition, many of our skin care products are certified by such highly regarded agencies as Ecocert, EcoGruppo and NaTrue, which ensure that ingredients are derived from renewable resources and that products are manufactured using environmentally friendly processes. In fact, Norwex is proud to be one of the few companies in North America to offer a complete line of Ecocert-certified products.
EcocertSetting the standard for natural and organic cosmetics in Europe, Ecocert is an inspection and certification body established in France in 1991 by agronomists aware of the need to develop environmentally friendly agriculture and of the importance of offering some form of recognition to those committed to this method of production. Ecocert certifies that ingredients have been derived from renewable resources and that products have been manufactured using environmentally friendly processes.Ecocert-certified products are free from:
- Synthetic perfumes and dyes
- Animal-derived ingredients
For a product to be Ecocert-certified, a minimum of 95% of all plant-based ingredients in the formula and a minimum of 10% of all ingredients by weight must come from organic farming. Even the packaging must be biodegradable or recyclable.
Based on a blend of three marine botanicals and organic ingredients, our Marine Organics personal care products are Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by Ecocert Greenlife. These products work synergistically to moisturize, soothe, revitalize and protect even the most delicate skin.
For complete Ecocert Greenlife standards, please visit //cosmetics.ecocert.com.
EcoGruppo and NaTrue
Norwex Timeless Natural Hand Cleaner and Norwex Timeless Relaxation Rescue Gel have been certified by two reputable certification agencies, EcoGruppo and NaTrue.
EcoGruppo, an Italian certification body, ensures that products are formulated with very pure raw materials, particularly from organic farming. EcoGruppo helps ensure eco-sustainable production within agriculture, manufacturing, processing and service industries to guarantee the absence of GMO and ionizing radiation, as well as pesticides and synthetic substances. EcoGruppo ensures that all ingredients and manufacturing processes reflect its organic certification requirements.
NaTrue is an international non-profit organization that promotes organic farming and acts to protect biodiversity. NaTrue certification means the product possesses the following attributes:
- Natural and organic ingredients
- Soft Manufacturing Processes
- Environmentally friendly practices
- No synthetic fragrances and colors
- No petroleum-derived products
- No GMOs
- No irradiation of end product or botanical ingredients
- Products must not be tested on animals